At Anthony Harper we are proud of our history that stretches back over 150 years. We recognise that sustainability is an inherent part of continuing our legacy of stewardship, so in 2022 we introduced our Sustainability Framework.
The framework formalises and expands on some of the things we were already doing well in the ESG space, but importantly, it sets up goals and actions to encourage us to stretch ourselves.
We have identified seven areas of impact to challenge us to be forward-thinking in the ways we engage with our clients, our communities, our people, and our planet. These seven impacts are: health and wellbeing, learning and development, diversity, equity and inclusion, our community, our business, carbon emissions and energy, and materials management.
We look forward to providing updates as we achieve the ambitious actions we have set ourselves in our ongoing commitment to being good corporate citizens.
Our existing practices and commitments:
- major sponsor of Christchurch’s Summer Theatre for the past 20 years and continue to sponsor this event;
- major sponsor of Auckland’s Pop-Up Globe for 5 years before it closed in the wake of the COVID-pandemic;
- partnership with the Hustle Group to provide Te Reo lessons in both of our offices, and to develop content for online learning modules on Te Reo and Te Tiriti o Waitangi;
- signatory to the Law Society Gender Equality Charter;
- adopter of the Law Society and NZ Bar Association Gender Equitable Engagement and Instruction Policy;
- undertake gender pay gap audits, address any concerns, have paid parental leave policies in place and will pick up other initiatives as part of our DE&I strategy and workshops; and
- Living Wage Aotearoa New Zealand Accredited Employer, proud to support the payment of the Living Wage through our supply chain
Areas of impact:
Our Sustainability Framework identifies seven impacts within which we have specific, measurable actions. Each year we report back on how we have progressed on that year’s actions, and set new actions for the coming year. For an overview of our areas of impact, download a copy here.