- Alistair Law
- Property | Hotels
Alistair is a leading commercial property and real estate lawyer.
He has expertise in all aspects of commercial property, including large scale development (including KiwiBuild projects), acquisitions, disposals, property syndication, leasing and property finance.
Alistair takes a strategic, solutions-focused approach, and works hard to truly understand his client’s drivers. His strong client relationships and deep transactional expertise help him deliver successful commercial outcomes.
Alistair’s clients include major listed and unlisted property investment companies, high net worth individuals, developers, property syndicators, financiers, banks and retirement village operators. He also has significant experience advising overseas entities investing in property in New Zealand.
Clients note him to be “knowledgeable, responsive, pragmatic and professional at all times” and “always great to work with”.
- Alistair is listed as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in the 2019 Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- He was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers® in New Zealand 2021 in Real Estate Law.
- Advising NZ Build Group on new master planned communities, including Ormiston Rise in East Tamaki, Auckland and Stubbs Farm in Warkworth, Auckland, both KiwiBuild projects.
- Advising Augusta Capital on the disposal of commercial properties and property management.
- Advising Stonewood Group on the purchase of 280 Queen Street, Auckland for $70m, the development of the Oaks Wellington Hotel on Courtenay Place, Wellington and a social housing lease to STRIVE Community Trust for the 135 room property at 10-20 Park Avenue, Otahuhu.
- Advising LEP Group on the luxury Edition Parnell apartment development and the purchase of various multi-tenanted properties and childcare facilities.
- Advising Pro 1 on the purchase and leaseback of the Mr Chips manufacturing premises at 100 Kerwyn Avenue, East Tamaki on a 'triple net lease' basis.
- Advising Oaks Property on KiwiBuild and Housing New Zealand projects in Manurewa, Millbrook, Papatoetoe and Swanson.
- Advising Watchman Capital on its Mountview Green and Millbrook 44 residential developments, both Kiwibuild projects.
- Advising Arvida Group on the purchase and development of new retirement villages in Richmond and Kerikeri.
- Advising Scarborough Group on the purchase and lease back of the ACG Building at 345 Queen Street, Auckland on a 'triple net lease' basis.
- Advising Haven Funds on the purchase of the Walker Weir property management business.
- Advising Coca-Cola Amatil on the sale of a commercial property at 43 Carbine Road, Mt Wellington.
- Advising ASB Bank on the property aspects of various property finance transactions.
- BCOM/LLB (HONS), University of Auckland
- Property Council of New Zealand
- CoreNet New Zealand
- Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society