- Tim Grimwood
- Senior Associate
Tim works with partners Peter Woods and Richard Smedley on general commercial litigation matters.
Before moving to Christchurch Tim cut his teeth in general practice litigation for five years in Rotorua where he acted on a broad range of disputes including commercial and residential property disputes, insolvency, company and insurance disputes and estate and trusts disputes.
He has appeared many times in the High Court and District Court as well as the Maori Land Court and various tribunals including the Medical Disciplinary Tribunal, the Real Estate Agent’s Tribunal and the Employment Relations Tribunal and juniored in several criminal trials including a successful appeal to the Supreme Court.
- Advising clients in relation to earthquake insurance disputes and acting in large commercial insurance litigation.
- Acting for a Director of a company in a successful defence of a derivative action.
- Defending an urgent injunction to stop the enforcement of the termination of a commercial lease.
- Advising clients on voidable transaction claims.
- BSC (HONS) (Geography), Plymouth University, UK
- DIP Adult Nursing, Portsmouth University, UK
- MSC Professional and Policy Studies, Portsmouth University, UK
- DIP Tropical Nursing, London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, UK
- LLB (First Class Honours), University of Victoria of Wellington