Andrew is a corporate and securities law specialist experienced in advising private and public companies on a range of securities offerings, acquisitions, divestments, restructurings and joint ventures, as well as general corporate and commercial advisory matters.
Andrew was previously a partner at a specialist corporate law firm in New Zealand, and before that he spent several years at another large full service New Zealand law firm in addition to a stint at a leading New York firm.
Andrew is admitted to practice in New Zealand and New York, and is a member of the Institute of Directors and a two-term appointee to the New Zealand Law Society’s Business Law Reform Committee.
- Buy-side and sell-side on M&A transactions in various industries, private and public, local and cross-border.
- The buyer in completing a takeover of a code company effected via a scheme of arrangement.
- A consortium on its contested partial takeover of a widely-held private company involving High Court litigation and Takeovers Panel proceedings.
- On tech company capital raisings, both for the companies and for lead/minority investors.
- Listed companies and managed funds on public capital raisings.
- Financial service providers on action taken by various New Zealand regulators.
- Start-ups and private companies on their shareholders' agreements and employee incentive plans.
- Start-ups and private companies on commercial contracts of all types.
- Directors on their duties and indemnification and insurance arrangements.
- Overseas companies on conducting business in New Zealand.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), University of Auckland
Admission to the Bar
New Zealand, 2002
New York, 2008