Geoff is a highly experienced corporate lawyer – who works closely with his clients to provide strategic, proactive advice and deliver commercial outcomes, often on complex transactions.
Geoff specialises in mergers, acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, IT, IP, and venture capital.
He regularly advises on strategic commercial contracts such as supply/procurement arrangements, consulting and service agreements, contract manufacturing agreements, distributorships, sales and marketing agreements, IP licensing and technology transfer, research and development agreements.
Geoff also has significant expertise in the field of information technology/intellectual property, regularly advising both, providers and purchasers, on all aspects of technology law, from systems integration agreements to the outsourcing of computer services.
Geoff combines his commercial experience with a deep understanding of his clients’ business drivers, tailoring his advice to meet commercial objectives.
Clients have said of Geoff: “We value Geoff Hosking’s pragmatic business advice and on-point strategic analysis. Geoff is always willing to help and his commercial focus and clear insights have proved invaluable to us.”
- The Selwyn Foundation on a ground breaking joint venture relationship with Auckland Council (through a limited partnership structure) for the lease, maintenance, operation and development Council’s housing portfolio for the elderly in Auckland – for a term of 100 years.
- B.S.A. International on its acquisition of New Zealand New Milk Limited, New Zealand New Milk Brands Limited, and New Zealand New Milk Trading Limited (a consumer ready infant formula manufacturer), via Sanulac Oceania Pty Ltd – OIO consent obtained.
- On the sale by Envictus NZ Limited of Envictus Dairies NZ Limited (manufacturing and bottling plant for dairy and juice products).
- Acted on numerous acquisitions by Constellation Software Group (a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets) of NZ based IT companies.
- Acted on the Sale of Simply Energy (Australasian energy retailer) to Contact Energy.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), University of Auckland
Admission to the Bar
Directorships and Trusteeships
Spectrum Care Limited, Chair, 2021
Targa Capital Limited, Board Member, 2016-present