Grant advises borrowers and financial institutions on a wide range of financing matters, including leveraged finance, project and property finance and structured finance transactions. He has a particular expertise in property finance, sponsor backed acquisition finance and syndicated corporate facilities.
Prior to returning to New Zealand, Grant spent several years in the banking department of ‘magic circle’ law firm Linklaters LLP based in London and Tokyo.
- For the private equity backed purchaser on its funding of a large paper import and distribution business operating in New Zealand, Australia, China and Japan.
- For the syndicate lenders in relation to the refinance and acquisition facilities provided to an NZX listed healthcare group.
- For Arysta Life Sciences Group on the restructuring of its acquisition debt facilities.
- For the a syndicate member in relation to the debt facilities of a property investment and construction group.
- One of the world’s largest cool store operators on the provision of its group syndicated facilities in New Zealand and Australia.
- A finance company on the establishment of its lending and security processes to ensure compliance with New Zealand law.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500, Leading Individual, 2017-2021
- Chambers and Partners, 2017-2021
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), (Hons), University of Auckland
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPHED), University of Otago
Admission to the Bar
New Zealand, 2002