Jenny heads Anthony Harper’s Retirement Villages team.With over 17 years’ experience in the retirement villages and aged care sectors, Jenny has developed an in-depth knowledge – ranging from the law, to commercial practices and trends, and the people involved.
Jenny provides specialist corporate advice in aged care and retirement village law and has in-depth sector knowledge. The preparation of compliance documents, the provision of general operational advice and dispute resolution are areas that Jenny is particularly experienced in. The issues surrounding the ageing of residents and resulting health needs are increasingly common in Jenny’s practice. She acts for a range of operators, from large groups to small not for profit entities.
She draws on her prior experience with property finance, compliance and general commercial law to deliver specialist advice in her chosen field. She also heads the retirement villages team.
Working collaboratively with a variety of other service providers to provide commercial solutions to her clients makes Jenny’s job highly rewarding.
- For a range of operators, from large groups to small not for profit entities, and statutory supervisors.
- In preparing compliance documents and developing precedents.
- In complaint and dispute resolution, including attending dispute panel hearings.
- Providing specialist advice and due diligence services on large transactions.
- In writing articles and presenting seminars on retirement village law to sector groups and lawyers.
- On retirement village business and property acquisitions and disposals.
- On funding arrangements and the interplay with statutory supervision requirements.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), (Hons), University of Kent
Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, UK
Certificate of Proficiency in Healthcare Law, University of Auckland
Admission to the Bar
England and Wales, 2002
New Zealand, 2007