Jessica advises on a broad range of litigation and dispute resolution matters, including claims in the District and High Courts, Weathertight Homes Tribunal, arbitration, mediation and adjudications.
Jessica’s area of expertise is commercial litigation, with a particular focus on construction disputes. She has juniored in the Court of Appeal in relation to a tender contract dispute and has broad experience in drafting proceedings, appearing at case management conferences, discovery, interlocutory applications, and briefing witnesses.
Jessica is currently on parental leave.
- Contractors, owners, and consultants in relation to disputes and adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Clients who need urgent injunctions to protect their business interests.
- Contractors and other clients in debt recovery matters.
- for clients with payment disputes under the Construction Contracts Act.
- for clients with disputes under NZS3910 contracts.
- for contractors and principals in respect of tender process.
In leaky building claims, acted for:
- Body corporates and owners in relation to defective buildings and claims for failed remedial work.
- National construction companies in respect of leaky apartment buildings in Auckland and Queenstown.
- Builders in Weathertight Homes Tribunal.
- Ministry of Education in respect of defective school buildings.
New Zealand Law Awards, Finalist, 2017
- Asia Pacific Legal 500, Next Generation Lawyer, 2018-2019, Rising Star, 2020-2021
Bachelor of Laws, (LLB) (First Class Honours), Bachelor of Commerce, (BCom), University of Otago
Admission to the Bar