Lynne is a commercial litigator with particular expertise in insolvency and restructuring and property litigation. She advises on a wide range of commercial matters, including governance issues, securities enforcement, recoveries, shareholder disputes, body corporate issues and property litigation. She has interest and experience in product liability issues in the automotive sector, including matters related to the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act, acting for a number of manufacturers and dealers.
Lynne has appeared in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Maori Appellate Court, Maori Land Court and High Court.
Lynne acts for national and international clients, including liquidators, banks, corporate and private clients.
Lynne is recognised for her pragmatic and robust approach. She is ranked in a number of directories for insolvency and litigation, including Chambers and Partners, IFLR and Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Liquidators, receivers and administrators (New Zealand and Australia) successfully in a number of novel and leading decisions.
- Banks and financiers in recovery actions and enforcement.
- Creditors in liquidation and priority disputes, successfully.
- Private individuals and government entities.
- Private individuals in body corporate governance disputes.
- Local government bodies on range of contentious matters.
- Chambers and Partners, 2020-2023, Up and Coming, Dispute Resolution
- New Zealand Doyles Guide, 2020-2022, Recommended, Insolvency and Restructuring
- IFLR1000, Restructuring and Insolvency, 2022-2023, Rising Star Partner
- Asia Pacific Legal 500, Rising Star, 2016-2020, Next Generation Partner, 2021-2023
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Auckland
- Master of Laws (LLM), (Hons), University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Science (Bsc) (Pharmacology), University of Auckland
Admission to the Bar
New Zealand, 2008
- Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association of New Zealand Incorporated (RITANZ), Member
- New Zealand Credit and Finance Institute, Member
- Women in Restructuring and Insolvency, Co-Chair (Auckland)
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
Directorships and Trusteeships
- New Zealand Asian Lawyers, Asian Commercial Lawyers Committee, Chair 2022
- Auckland Community Law Centre, Board Member, 2022