Pip is a senior member of Anthony Harper’s banking and finance team, and advises a wide range of banks, finance companies, and corporate borrowers in a number of areas. Her focus areas include institutional, agri-business, corporate, commercial property, and development lending, including domestic and cross-border transactions. Pip also provides compliance advice including FMCA, AML-CFT, and CCCFA compliance to a wide range of lenders. Ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer/Rising Star in the 2018-2021 Asia Pacific Legal 500 guides, Pip has a reputation for being a thorough and pragmatic lawyer with experience across a wide range of lending.
Clients recommend Pip as a lawyer who “makes complex legal issues easy to understand” who has excellent deal-management skills.
- Banks and finance companies on institutional, corporate, property and agri-business lending including structuring advice, legal due diligence, preparation and negotiation of facility and security documentation and registration of security.
- A syndicate of banks on an $80 million facility and security package provided to a financial services borrower.
- Lenders in a "club deal" structure on funding arrangements for facilities of $400m in aggregate made available to a major agri-business including a cross-border parent company guarantee.
- A number of credit unions, finance companies and property investment syndicates on transition to, and compliance under, the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 regime and ongoing disclosure requirements on the Disclose Register maintained by the Companies Office.
- Lenders on compliance under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.
- A prominent logistics company as borrower under a suite of working capital, acquisition funding and property finance facilities in an aggregate amount of $67 million.
Preparation and Registration:
- Of mortgages of fishing quota on behalf of major lenders.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500, Next Generation Lawyer, Rising Star, 2018-2021
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons), University of Otago
Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad), (Merit), Finance
Admission to the Bar
England and Wales, 2001
Banking and Finance