Our Retirement Village team members are recognised as experts in their field. Their advice and assistance adds considerable value to our clients’ operations.
The retirement village sector is highly specialised and faces its own unique opportunities and challenges.
Our team is the largest specialist retirement village practice in NZ and draws on their 30 plus years’ experience in the field. They provide advice to over half of New Zealand’s registered retirement villages and to associated aged care facilities.
They work with a range of different operators including listed companies, small groups and not-for-profits, advising on:
- The development and registration of new villages
- Compliance and regulatory issues
- Annual returns and update of documents
- Resident documentation and settlements
- Operational matters, complaints and disputes
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Property and finance transactions
- Employment and Health and Safety
The settlements team provides a dedicated service to operators for resident entries and exits to villages. They utilise our own bespoke software called Villageinfonet which our clients can access for up to date transaction information, resident records and documents.
Our clients benefit from the team’s depth of understanding, their contacts, connections and credibility within the sector.