Harriet Quinlan is a commercial litigator with particular experience in trust and estate litigation, relationship property matters, shareholder disputes and contractual disputes. She also regularly advises insolvency practitioners and creditors in insolvency matters.
Harriet applies excellent technical expertise to disputes with a view to achieving practical, efficient outcomes for clients. She has appeared in the Court of Appeal, regularly appears in the High Court and District Court and acts for clients in multi-million dollar arbitrations and mediations. Harriet’s clients value her professionalism, technical skills and responsiveness.
Harriet has been ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide.
- In the Court of Appeal acting for a large construction company in a contractual payment dispute
- In the Court of Appeal acting for receivers in a challenge to their appointment
- In the Court of Appeal acting for a liquidator pursuing a voidable transaction
- In the Court of Appeal successfully representing a mother of a disabled son in a human rights judicial review case against the Crown
- For New Zealand’s largest credit union in obtaining interim injunctive orders against another credit union
- For a receiver of a trust in obtaining Court-ordered appointment and managing trust assets
- For several companies in successfully setting aside statutory demands, or opposing setting aside applications
- Liquidators, receivers and creditors in liquidations and receiverships
- Independent trustees in trust matters
- Several individuals in relationship property disputes
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Otago
Admission to the Bar
- New Zealand, 2012
- Restructuring and Insolvency Turnaround Association NZ
- Women in Restructuring and Insolvency
- Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association