Rose Clements specialises in retirement village and aged care law. She acts for operators and statutory supervisors in all areas of retirement village law, including compliance documentation, finance and security-sharing arrangements, and dispute resolution. Her clients range from large corporates to smaller not-for-profits.
She began her career in New Zealand at a specialist retirement village law firm and spent the first few years of her career transitioning villages from the old Securities Act regime to the (then) new compliance regime under the Retirement Villages Act 2003. Rose then spent over 10 years in the corporate team at a leading offshore law firm in London and the Channel Islands before returning to New Zealand in 2022.
Clients appreciate Rose’s technical legal ability, which is combined with a practical and commercial approach to transactions.
- Acted in the preparation of compliance documents for the registration of new retirement villages.
- Advised operators in relation to complaints and dispute resolution.
- Advised on retirement village financing, and statutory supervisor security sharing arrangements.
- Advised on retirement village sales and acquisitions.
- Transitioned villages over to the current retirement villages legislative regime when it first came into force.
Master of Laws (LLM) (Hons), Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons), University of Auckland
Certificate in Sustainable Finance, University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
Admission to the Bar
New Zealand, 2006
New Zealand Law Society, Member