We provide a full range of services to logistics, freight forwarding and transport companies. We act for some of NZ’s largest seaports and airports and we advise major importers and exporters. Our experience and expertise covers the entire supply chain.
We understand the issues, the industry and the intricacies. Our team advises on domestic and international carriage and trade issues, including freight forwarding and bill of lading documentation, international conventions and domestic regulatory issues. We also advise on purchasing, chartering and leasing planes, vessels, trucks and warehouses, as well as the purchase and sale of logistics businesses.
We advise industry participants on the implementation and licensing of, and customer use terms for, major IT systems.
Our nimble structure and pragmatic approach allows the team to be responsive and tailor a solution to our clients’ needs, providing joined-up transactional (corporate, commercial, property), litigation and advisory support.
Anthony Harper’s logistics and transport speciality practice is one of the top transport and logistics teams in New Zealand and Chris Dann is ranked as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ in this practice area. The team is one of the few in the country to offer specialist, multi-disciplinary and multi-modal shipping knowledge and experience. Trucks, sheds, planes, trains and ships – we have experience and expertise across it all. We have broad legal expertise and industry knowledge, including:
- template and bespoke forwarding, transport, warehousing and logistics contracts;
- domestic and international carriage and trade issues, including freight forwarding and bill of lading documentation, international conventions and domestic regulatory issues
- purchasing, chartering, leasing and financing planes, vessels, trucks, trains and warehouses, as well as the purchase and sale of logistics businesses;
- regulatory advisory work (including transport regulation (land transport, rail, maritime and civil aviation), employment and health and safety advice);
- the implementation and licensing of, and customer use terms for, major IT systems;
- warehouse/distribution centre leasing;
- cargo loss and damage claims; and
- vessel arrests, liens and caveats, and releases from arrest.
We complement the breadth of our offering with deep knowledge and experience of, and contacts throughout, the industry – shown by Chris Dann’s Communications Award from the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.